|HOME PAGE HISTORY ARCHAEOLOGY PROJECTS CONTACT|
|PRESENTATION HISTORY EVENTS PROJECTS VISITOR INFORMATIONS|
The mentor of printing appearance in Tara Romaneasca is the waivode Radu the Great. During his time Macarie printed at Dealu monastery the first religious books, in the slavonic language: Liturghier (1508), Octoih (1510), Evangheliar (1512). In the museum we find proof of the effort made to print at Targoviste and Brasov in the slavonic language: Dimitrie Liubavici (Apostle, 1547), plus an edition for Moldova, Oprea Logofatul and Coresi ( Slavonic octoih, 1557 and Triod penticostar, 1558), but also in the romanian language (Christian question, Brasov, 1559).
It is worth mentioning the merit of the waivode Matei Basarab, who, after a stagnation period of almost a century, due to unfavorable times, continues the initiative to support the cultural activity through printing spreading. The first law book and the Teaching Gospel (1642) were printed at Govora Pravila during his time. Books were also printed in the other romanian provinces: Varlaam's homily (Iasi 1643), New testament from Balgrad (Alba Iulia, 1648), printed under the care of the bishop Simion Stefan. The Bucharest Bible (1688) and The Straightening of the Law (1652) were printed in the former metropolitan church in Targoviste.